Homicity is a platform that connects end-users with service providers… (the “Service”). In order to use the Service, you must register for an account. You understand that Homicity simply provides a platform that connects end-users with service providers and that Homicity: (i) does not verify the credentials or expertise of any service providers and does not endorse any service providers, (ii) is not a party to any transaction between end-users and service providers, (iii) is not responsible for fulfillment of any services offered by service providers, and (iv) is not liable for any actions or omissions of any end-users or service providers. End-users are solely responsible for ensuring that any service provider is qualified to meet their needs and expectations.
1. Conduct. You shall not (a) copy or distribute any part of this Website (including all of the contents of the website) unless expressly permitted to do so; (b) impersonate another person or entity or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity; (c) interfere with or disrupt the Website or servers or networks connected to the Website, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Website or probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any system or network or breach or circumvent any security or authentication measures; (d) intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law or regulation or the rights of any person; or (e) resell the content or use of the Website or Service.
You also agree not to access the Website in a manner that utilizes the resources of the Website more heavily than would be the case for an individual person using a conventional web browser. Notwithstanding the foregoing, operators of public search engines may use spiders or other bots for the purpose of creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials on this Website.
2. User Content. All information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages or other materials, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted to the Website by viewers or users whether in forums or otherwise (“User Content”), is the sole responsibility of such viewers or users. This means that the viewer or user, and not Homicity, are entirely responsible for all such material uploaded, posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available by using the Service. Homicity does not control or actively monitor User Content and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such content. Users acknowledge that by using the Service, they may be exposed to materials that are offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances will Homicity be liable in any way for any materials, including, but not limited to, for any errors or omissions in any or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the viewing or use of any materials posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the Service.
3. License of Content. By submitting, posting or displaying User Content on or through the Service, you grant us (and our agents) a non-exclusive, royalty-free license (with the right to sublicense) to use, copy, modify, transmit, display and distribute such User Content. TourVu will not be responsible or liable for any use of User Content in accordance with these Terms. You represent and warrant that you have all the rights, power and authority necessary to grant the rights granted herein to any User Content that you submit.
4. End User License. Except for User Content, the App, this Website, and the information and materials that it contains, are the property of TourVu and its licensors, and are protected from unauthorized copying and dissemination by copyright law, trademark law, and other intellectual property laws. Subject to the terms of this Agreement, TourVu grants you a non-transferable, non-exclusive, license to (a) use the Website for your use, and (b) download, install and use one copy of the Application on a mobile device that you own or control for your use (the “License”). The App is licensed to you and not sold. Nothing in the Terms gives you a right to use the TourVu names, trademarks, logos, domain names, and other distinctive brand features without our prior written consent. You shall not attempt to override or circumvent any of the usage rules or restrictions on the Website. Any future release, update, or other addition to functionality of the Website or App shall be subject to the terms of these Terms.
5. Feedback. If You provide Homicity with any suggestions, comments or other feedback ("Feedback") relating to the Website, Homicity may use such Feedback in the Website or in any other Homicity products or services (collectively, "Homicity Offerings"). Accordingly, You agree that: (a) Homicity is not subject to any confidentiality obligations in respect to the Feedback, (b) the Feedback is not confidential or proprietary information of You or any third party and You have all of the necessary rights to disclose the Feedback to Homicity, (c) Homicity (including all of its successors and assigns and any successors and assigns of any of the Homicity Offerings) may freely use, reproduce, publicize, license, distribute, and otherwise commercialize Feedback in any Homicity Offerings, and (d) You are not entitled to receive any compensation or re-imbursement of any kind from Homicity or any of the other users of the Website.
6. Use of the Website. Homicity may alter, suspend, or discontinue this Website at any time and for any reason or no reason, without notice. The Website may be unavailable from time to time due to maintenance or malfunction of computer or network equipment or other reasons. Homicity may periodically add or update the information and materials on this Website without notice.
7. Advertising. You acknowledge and agree that the Website may be provided with advertisements. If You elect to have any business dealings with anyone whose products or services may be advertised on the website, You acknowledge and agree that such dealings are solely between You and such advertiser and You further acknowledge and agree that Homicity shall not have any responsibility or liability for any losses or damages that You may incur as a result of any such dealings. You shall be responsible for obtaining access to the Website and acknowledge that such access may involve third-party fees (such as Internet service provider access or data fees). You shall be solely responsible for any such fees and also for obtaining any equipment that is required to access the website. It is your responsibility to ascertain whether any information or materials downloaded from this website are free of viruses, worms, Trojan Horses, or other items of a potentially destructive nature.
8. DISCLAIMER OF ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS. THE INFORMATION AND MATERIALS PROVIDED ON THIS WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS." SPECIFICALLY, BUT WITHOUT LIMITATION, HOMICITY DOES NOT REPRESENT, WARRANT OR OFFER ANY CONDITIONS THAT: (I) THE INFORMATION OR MATERIALS ON THIS WEBSITE ARE CORRECT, ACCURATE, RELIABLE OR COMPLETE; (II) THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED ON THIS WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE; (III) DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR (IV) THIS WEBSITE OR THE SERVER(S) THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. HOMICITY SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, EITHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, BY USAGE OF TRADE, COURSE OF DEALING OR OTHERWISE INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, TITLE, SATISFACTORY QUALITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. ANY INFORMATION OR MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM, LOSS OF DATA, OR ANY OTHER LOSS THAT RESULTS FROM DOWNLOADING OR USING ANY SUCH MATERIAL. HOMICITY DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, PROVIDE ANY CONDITIONS OR REPRESENTATIONS, OR ASSUME ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY ANY THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR IN RESPECT TO ANY WEBSITE THAT CAN BE REACHED FROM A LINK ON THE WEBSITE OR FEATURED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING ON THE WEBSITE, AND HOMICITY SHALL NOT BE A PARTY TO ANY TRANSACTION THAT YOU MAY ENTER INTO WITH ANY SUCH THIRD PARTY.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL HOMICITY BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR OTHER DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR OTHER DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM (I) YOUR USE OF OR YOUR INABILITY TO USE, THIS WEBSITE OR ANY OF THE INFORMATION OR MATERIALS CONTAINED ON THIS WEBSITE, (II) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES, (III) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES IN THE MATERIALS ON THE WEBSITE, (IV) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR SERVICE, ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR ANY OTHER FILES OR DATA THAT MAY BE HARMFUL TO COMPUTER OR COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT OR DATA THAT MAY HAVE BEEN TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH THE WEBSITE, OR (V) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY MATERIAL ON THE WEBSITE OR ANY OTHER LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE. THESE LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY EVEN IF HOMICITY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENSION PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION.
11. Links to Third-Party Websites. This Website may contain links to other websites that are not owned or controlled by Homicity. Homicity is not responsible for the content of any linked websites. Any third-party websites or services accessed from the Website are subject to the terms and conditions of those websites and or services and You are responsible for determining those terms and conditions and complying with them. The presence on the Website of a link to any non-Homicity websites does not imply that Homicity endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content or use of such websites, and You hereby release Homicity from all liability and/damages that may arise from Your use of such websites or receipt of services from any such websites.
While Homicity encourages links to the Website, it does not wish to be linked to or from any third-party website which (i) contains, posts or transmits any unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane or indecent information of any kind, including, without limitation, any content constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any local, state, provincial, national or international law, regulation which may be damaging or detrimental to the activities, operations, credibility or integrity of Homicity for which contains, posts or transmits any material or information of any kind which promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual, could be harmful to minors, harasses or advocates harassment of another person, provides material that exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner, provides instructional information about illegal activities, including, without limitation, the making or buying of illegal weapons; or (ii) contains, posts or transmits any information, software or other material which violates or infringes upon the rights of others, including material which is an invasion of privacy or publicity rights, or which is protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights. Homicity reserves the right to prohibit or refuse to accept any link to the Website, including, without limitation, any link which contains or makes available any content or information of the foregoing nature, at any time. You agree to remove any link you may have to the Website upon the request of Homicity.
12. No Implied Endorsements. In no event shall any reference to any third party (including any service provider), third party product or service (including such product or service provided by any service provider) be construed as an approval or endorsement by Homicity of that third party, third party product or service.
14. Security. Information sent or received over the Internet is generally unsecure and Homicity cannot and does not make any representation or warranty concerning security of any communication to or from the Web site or any representation or warranty regarding the interception by third parties of personal or other information.
Last Updated: September 1, 2015